« THE UPPA: AN EXCELLENT WORKING ENVIRONMENT »
The UPPA provides excellent working conditions with high quality courses taught by senior lecturers and professors who also lead research projects in laboratories recognised by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).
The UPPA offers degree courses at several levels, including Bachelor's degrees (general or professional), "University degrees" (Diplômes Universitaires, University-specific post-Bachelor's degree courses), Master's degrees and Doctorates, in a wide variety of subjects (excluding Health-related studies): Law, Economics, Management, Humanities, Languages, Social Sciences, Sport, Sciences and Technology. The University also encompasses a Business School of Management (IAE), two University Institutes of Technology (IUT) and two Schools of Engineering: the ENSGTI and the ISABTP.
Meaningful graduate employment figures
Surveys among graduates from the UPPA show that our former students enjoy a high employment rate. Every year, the UPPA's Student Statistics Office (ODE) carries out a survey among our graduates concerning their employment situation after graduation. For 2008/2009 graduates, the percentage who are employed is as follows:
- 94% of professionally-oriented Bachelor's degree graduates,
- 87 % of Master's degree graduates,
- 94% of engineering graduates,
- 97% of PhD graduates.
In addition to these statistics by type of degree, the ODE also produces and publishes on its website a summary sheet for every degree course, presenting the various criteria examined in each survey: type of job, business sector, geographic location, etc.
Moreover, this year students from the UPPA have once again achieved excellent results on the competitive entrance exams for the French Civil Service (including recruitment exams for secondary school teachers), with success rates much higher than the national average in every discipline.
Helpful Academic Support
- Small work groups
- One-on-one interviews with Course Coordinators and with Career and Guidance Advisers
- Personal tutoring and support provided by students from previous years
- Teachers are committed to our "Quality Policy" in every degree programme, in order to continually improve the students' experience at the University and better prepare them for work.
Commitment to Quality
The UPPA was among the first Universities in France to implement an innovative quality assurance programme for Bachelor's degrees and for degrees issued by its two Schools of Engineering, the ENSGTI and the ISABTP.
Master's degrees are now being included in this programme, with an ambitious goal: offering students courses and trainings which both take into account and anticipate their expectations and meet the needs of the labour market.
Find out more ...
Guidance and Advice for School Leavers
Are you wondering what to do after secondary school? The UPPA has implemented a Guidance and Advice Programme for school leavers, in order to help you make your choice...
Find out more...
Good scientific and IT equipment
- The laboratories used for hands-on sessions meet European safety standards.
- Students have access to national and international scientific resources in our University libraries.
- Students can take advantage of their personal Web Portal, which is accessible anywhere and provides them with a personal email address, a storage space as well as online access to some course content, to information resources and to timetables, etc.
- Students have the opportunity to take the C2i exam (an IT competency standard).
- Students can also use our language laboratories to improve their language skills and take exams such as the TOEIC (English) or the DELE (Spanish)
- Pau, an18-hectare green campus at the foot of the Pyrenees, a one-hour drive away from ski resorts
- Anglet, a 1,5-hectare campus in the middle of a wooded park, a 15-minute drive away from the Basque coast
- Bayonne, a brand new campus on the bank of the river Nive, in the immediate vicinity of the town centre
- Mont de Marsan , a campus in the heart of the Landes area.
- Tarbes, a campus located near the Pic du Midi de Bigorre
Top-level physical and sporting activities
- Rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, dance, rugby, surfing, basque pelota, etc.
- High-level athletes can benefit from flexible timetables.
- Studies at the UPPA are compatible with sporting activities at a national or international level.
A rich student life, with numerous student associations and cultural events
- Shows and concerts organised by the Cultural Services (Maison de l'Etudiant)
- Lectures, debates, international conferences, etc.
- Interaction with student associations s
- 23 research teams recognised by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- Research partnerships with institutions such as the CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research), the INRA (French Institute dedicated to Agricultural Research) and the INRIA (French Institute specialised in Computational Sciences).
- 2 PhD Schools
An International University
- International collaboration with Spanish Universities: joint degrees, work placements, joint PhD supervision, etc.
- Erasmus exchange programmes with 196 European Universities